finding older hidden index.dat files

For support & general discussion of Index Dat Spy

finding older hidden index.dat files

Postby jeb » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:14 pm

I just ran your program after trying a bunch of other ways to view index.dat files and it worked like a charm! I found 25 files (20 more than with a manual search through explorer) and thought I had found what I needed. Unfortunately only a handful had any information and none had info older than October 30 (yesterday). I'm trying to retrieve temp internet files and cookies from two weeks and over a month ago that I wish I hadn't deleted. Is there any way I'm still missing hidden files? I'm not online more than an average of 10 minutes/day, so I doubt they've been overwritten. What can I do to find the information I need from earlier this month and late last month? Thanks!
jeb

Postby sgould » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:05 pm

I'm trying to retrieve temp internet files and cookies from two weeks and over a month ago that I wish I hadn't deleted. Is there any way I'm still missing hidden files?

Windows hides files all over the place. This is why I added the Find index.dat Files functionality to Index Dat Spy. However, Index Dat Spy will not find or allow you to recover deleted files. Additionally if they have been deleted some time ago it is quite likely you will not be able to retrieve them anyway.
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Index Dat Spy General Discussion