Whats with the "Unexpected File Format" message???

For support & general discussion of Index Dat Spy

Whats with the "Unexpected File Format" message???

Postby Bindare » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:12 pm

Recently I've noticed an error message after trying to open a certain index dat file, the message reads "Unexpected File Format". What gives?? is this just a bug or somthing more serious?? Please help!! Cheers! B :shock:
Bindare

STILL WAITING!..and waiting..and waiting.....

Postby Bindare » Thu May 04, 2006 2:34 pm

What ? 50 views and not ONE reply?? ....HMMMMMMM. Come on people!! :roll:
Bindare

Re: STILL WAITING!..and waiting..and waiting.....

Postby Bindare » Thu May 04, 2006 2:36 pm

Bindare wrote:What ? 50 views and not ONE reply?? ....HMMMMMMM. Come on people!! :roll:
patience is a virtue... only for the patient.
Bindare

Re: Whats with the "Unexpected File Format" messag

Postby sgould » Fri May 05, 2006 6:55 am

Bindare wrote:Recently I've noticed an error message after trying to open a certain index dat file, the message reads "Unexpected File Format". What gives?? is this just a bug or somthing more serious?? Please help!! Cheers! B :shock:

What version of Windows are you using? It sounds like the index.dat file is of a "version" different to the one(s) Index Dat Spy supports. It's nothing serious and not likely a problem with your machine. If you were to try and open something like a Word document with Index Dat Spy you'd get the same error.

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

RE: error message

Postby Bindare » Fri May 05, 2006 7:55 am

Thanks steven for the reply!, I'm using windows 98se and the strange thing being is that it somtimes reads (when searching for the files) that I have six index dat files but then when I try to open them to view the contents it only shows me three files.Could this be because these other files like you stated, are not supported?? Cheers! :D
Bindare

Return to Index Dat Spy General Discussion