Cleanup! stalls

For support & general discussion of Windows CleanUp!

Moderator: rec46

Cleanup! stalls

Postby Chaser » Tue May 20, 2008 6:00 pm

I just installed cleanup for the first time after hearing great things about it.

However, after it has deleted about 200megs worth of files, it suddenly just stalls. I tried to stop it using the 'stop' button and it prompts me to say confirm, I click yes, and it still doesn't stop but just keeps stalling.

i have to use task manager to force quit the program in order to restart it.

what seems to be the problem here and how do i fix it?

i'm running win xp
Chaser

Postby Zylox » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:29 am

I am having the same problem with the Vista OS. CleanUp had worked fine for me for a couple of months, but now it freezes up before it finishes.
Zylox

Postby Zylox » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:49 am

After reading several other posts and doing some experimenting, I have found that turning off "Fully Erase Files(Wipe Clean)" in the options takes care of the problem with CleanUp stalling.

I suspect that the reason this suddenly started happening may be due to changes made by XP Service pack 3 and recent updates to Vista.

I would really like to see this feature fixed so that we can wipe the files which are deleted.
Zylox

Postby Snagger » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:51 am

[quote="Zylox"]After reading several other posts and doing some experimenting, I have found that turning off "Fully Erase Files(Wipe Clean)" in the options takes care of the problem with CleanUp stalling.

I suspect that the reason this suddenly started happening may be due to changes made by XP Service pack 3 and recent updates to Vista.

I would really like to see this feature fixed so that we can wipe the files which are deleted.[/quote]

[size=18][/size]

Thank you so much for your Tip to uncheck "Fully Erase Files..."

I've used CleanUp since I purchased my computer, Windows XP, back in 2004.

All of a sudden it stopped working. It would hang after deleting a few files and no attempt worked to exit the program worked. I had to turn my computer off, and the files it said were deleted were not gone.

I finally went searching for a CleanUp website. When I finally found it, I uninstalled the old program I had and installed the latest version. I STILL had the same problem! After uninstalling and re-installing various versions....all with the same results...I finally joined the Forum. After searching posts for some time, and I was about to give up, I [u]finally[/u] found your reply to this post. I tried your Tip, and it worked. :D

I had noticed that very few posts made in the Forum ever received a reply. Special thanks to you for taking the time to respond to this post.

I'm always running low on space on my Hard Drive, so I REALLY needed to clean out those files.
Snagger

Return to CleanUp! General Discussion