Hewlett Packard all in one driver

For support & general discussion of Windows CleanUp!

Moderator: rec46

Hewlett Packard all in one driver

Postby da_azn » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:07 am

I have just downloaded clean up 4. For some reason everytime I run it deletes my hewlett packard driver. Then when i restart I have to re install it every time. Why is this?
da_azn
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:03 am

Postby sconsta1 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:48 pm

I am having the same problem, I have to put in my HP scanner disc after running cleanup 4.0
Awaiting answers
sconsta1
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:43 pm

Postby joycej53 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:33 pm

I have an HP Scanner (ScanJet 3300C) so I just did a trial scan to see if I am having the same problem. Not. It worked o.k. I have in the past lost the whole program and had to reinstall it but I have no idea why or how that happened. I have been running CleanUp 4 for a while now so it was not caused by CleanUp. Strange how some computers are adversely effected and others not.
Joyce
joycej53
Active - 10 posts
Active - 10 posts
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:44 pm
Location: Rural Kansas

all in one

Postby da_azn » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:37 am

Well i have gone back to clean up 3.1.2 cause I have no problems with it. The driver is an all in one printer so yaz. Something is totally off with this new clean up. I don't use it at all. Hope the 4.5 one is better. Got no answers from the head guy so hope he has corrected it or something.
da_azn
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:03 am

Postby muavecm » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:35 pm

Save the drivers don't just install or run them then run or install it. that way it is not in your temp files. Or click on the option button on CleanUp! 4.0 and make sure to uncheck the option that is erasing it from your computer.
If this doesn't work let me know.
muavecm
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:15 pm

I did

Postby da_azn » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:43 am

It is not in my temp files. It actually gets erased off C: itself.
da_azn
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:03 am

Postby muavecm » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:05 am

Is is just for the scanner or other HP products? Reason i am asking is i am ASR Rep for HP (basically all i do is Demo their product in a store) and i want to be able to warn customers of this but i love my 4.0. It has removed nearly 2 GBs from my computer in a months time and i have had no problems with it once i learned that i could stop it from erasing my favorites.
muavecm
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:15 pm

HP All in one

Postby da_azn » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:08 am

It is an All in one scanner. Basically a printer, scanner and photocopier. When the computer is restarted then I have to re-install the whole thing. Any ideas cause it is really annoying.
da_azn
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:03 am

Postby PL1 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:51 pm

da_azn Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:07 am Post subject: Hewlett Packard all in one driver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just downloaded clean up 4. For some reason every time I run it deletes my hewlett packard driver. Then when i restart I have to re install it every time. Why is this?


Hello Group,

Recently, I upgraded to CleanUp 4.0, and I too am having the same problem. I have an HP psc 2175 all-in-one, using XP Pro with SP2 all updates are current.

Running CleanUp seems to delete the scanner portion of this all-in-one. So far my only solution has been to re-install the drivers.

Is there another work around?

Thank-you for your time and attention to this matter.

PL
PL1
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:35 pm
Location: SE of Austin ,Texas

Postby sgould » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:35 am

Are you able to identify which file(s) are being incorrectly deleted? If so, that would be a big help.

But generally the solution is to stop CleanUp! from scanning your drives for temporary files or modify what files CleanUp! considers "temporary". You can tell CleanUp! not to scan your C: drive (and other local drives such as D:, E:, etc.) by going into the CleanUp! Options dialog and unchecking "Scan local drives for temporary files".

Let us know if this works for you.

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Dallas, TX, USA

Postby PL1 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:29 am

sgould wrote:Are you able to identify which file(s) are being incorrectly deleted? If so, that would be a big help.

But generally the solution is to stop CleanUp! from scanning your drives for temporary files or modify what files CleanUp! considers "temporary". You can tell CleanUp! not to scan your C: drive (and other local drives such as D:, E:, etc.) by going into the CleanUp! Options dialog and unchecking "Scan local drives for temporary files".

Let us know if this works for you.

Steve


Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in posting the requested information, I had trouble locating it:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Migrate\hpqgends.tmp

I hope this helps.

PL

P.S. I haven't run CleanUp since Unchecking Scan Local drives and removing the index.dat from the list of files to search. I lost System Infor access but, found the fix in another thread on the board. I've also removed the .bak as it removes necessary back-ups from jv16 Power Tools
PL1
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:35 pm
Location: SE of Austin ,Texas

Postby sgould » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:37 am

PL1 wrote:Sorry for the delay in posting the requested information, I had trouble locating it:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Migrate\hpqgends.tmp

I hope this helps.


Really? A file with a .tmp extension? That's not a good thing for HP to do. :shock:

Just to be sure, can you try renaming the file to something like hpqgends.save and seeing if you still are asked to reinstall the drivers? If so, rename the file back to hpqgends.tmp and verify that you are not then prompted to reinstall the drivers. Then, would you mind posting your findings here? Thanks. :D

Still, the solution, for CleanUp! 4.0 is to disable the scanning for temporary files, or remove *.tmp from the list of Temporary Files.

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Dallas, TX, USA

Hewlett Packard all in one drivers - Findings

Postby PL1 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:48 am

sgould wrote:
PL1 wrote:Sorry for the delay in posting the requested information, I had trouble locating it:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Migrate\hpqgends.tmp

I hope this helps.


Really? A file with a .tmp extension? That's not a good thing for HP to do. :shock:

Just to be sure, can you try renaming the file to something like hpqgends.save and seeing if you still are asked to reinstall the drivers? If so, rename the file back to hpqgends.tmp and verify that you are not then prompted to reinstall the drivers. Then, would you mind posting your findings here? Thanks. :D

Still, the solution, for CleanUp! 4.0 is to disable the scanning for temporary files, or remove *.tmp from the list of Temporary Files.

Steve


As you suggested I renamed the hpqgends.tmp file to hpqgends.save. I then ran CleanUp both with and without the temporary files disabled. Unfortunately, the results were the same. Both times after restart when I attempted to run the scanner portion of the HP all-in-one I was asked to reinstall the drivers.

Description given on Properties tab for this file is as follows:

"TWAIN Data Stub DLL"

Under other version information:

Comments:

This is required in order for TWAIN to work with HP imaging software

This file is also located in:

D:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\{7C8BB31C-E09E-4c7d-BBF1-45E33B467FE1}\Drivers\Scanner

I hope the above findings are helpful.

It's Friday, have a great day

PL :D
PL1
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:35 pm
Location: SE of Austin ,Texas

Postby sgould » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:07 am

Can you confirm that the proposed solution worked for you? That is, for CleanUp! 4.0 disable the scanning for temporary files, or remove *.tmp from the list of Temporary Files.

Thanks,

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Dallas, TX, USA

Postby PL1 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:56 pm

sgould wrote:Can you confirm that the proposed solution worked for you? That is, for CleanUp! 4.0 disable the scanning for temporary files, or remove *.tmp from the list of Temporary Files.

Thanks,

Steve


Sorry for the misunderstanding. :oops:

Yes removing *.tmp along with disabling the scanning for temporary files worked. :D
PL1
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:35 pm
Location: SE of Austin ,Texas


Return to CleanUp! General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron