Receiving Message: "Clean Up has caused errors in Windo

For support & general discussion of Windows CleanUp!

Moderator: rec46

Receiving Message: "Clean Up has caused errors in Windo

Postby jhmcquil » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:32 am

To Anyone:

I've been using 'Clean-Up' successfully for over a year (at work and at home; however, as of late the 4.0 version on my Administrative desk top (at home only) is not allowing Clean-up to finish, and I receive an 'Error Message' from Windows saying that: " 'Clean-up' has caused errors and must shut down 'Clean-up'". Sometimes it reaches 50 Mbs before doing so.
This only happens from the Administrative desktop--not the desktop I use for everyday matters, and safer, non-administrative duties and viewing on the Internet. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 4.0 several times, removed it from the Regitry, and tried to use it solely from the other desktop--but I'm not getting all that could be accessed. I know, because I have installed several other -lesser affective- programs that are getting to objects that "Clean-up' is 'missing' from the Administrative desktop. Could anyone advise me on what to do to gain some consistantcy of affectiveness 'across the board'? I've become obsessed, because this is the most effective program I use--even though it makes me want to use the bathroom a lot more! Now, if I just could install 'Clean-up' in my..... :oops:
Thanks. James
jhmcquil

Error message

Postby Berta » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:44 am

I am having the same problem. I also have a prt scr of the Microsoft message....... just need and email address to send it to Steve so perhaps he can help us with this problem.
Berta

Postby rec46 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:26 pm

James,

I noticed you said you use version 4.0. That version is a bit outdated now. Right now version 4.5 beta 5 is being tested by beta testers. If you wish to use that one, you can download it on the CleanUp website or you can use any of the others there that is newer then the one you are using.

Also, I know you said you have been using CleanUp for some time now but I am just wondering if you backup your pc before runing CleanUp. It takes little time to do and you will be able to restore your pc in the event something goes wrong. I have no idea why people continuly refuse to follow instructions but some still do for what ever reason. As for myself, I have been using CleanUp for many years and I still backup my pc before runing CleanUp just to make sure I have no problems that I can't correct.
It is very simple to do and takes little time to do so.

Regards,
Bob
rec46

Postby codash » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:29 am

Bob
As long as 4.5 is in beta, 4.0 is NOT outdated.
Colin
codash

Postby rec46 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:33 am

Colin,

There are 5 newer version then 4.0 so 4.0 IS outdated. It can still be used but if having 5 versions after it is not being outdated, then what would you say being outdated means?

40b5
40b6
45b3
45b4
45b5

They may all be betas but they have all been released and tested for use.

Bob
rec46

Postby sgould » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:37 pm

Colin / Bob,

Just to set the records straight, CleanUp! 4.0 is the latest "release quality" version. So, for those that are not comfortable with testing software, it is also the latest version for them.

Bob is correct however in that there have been several beta releases since then for CleanUp! 4.5. However, this is still to be considered "in testing". So, for those willing to beta test newer versions, then anything earlier than CleanUp! 4.5 beta 5 is "out of date".

So, you're both right depending on how you look at it. Colin, Bob is one of the beta testers - and has been for sometime - which explains his view of the world. As a developer, my view would be even more extreme. Anything older than the latest code I'm working on (which is always newer than the latest beta release), I would consider "out of date". But I realize that not everyone has - or wants - access to this. :-D

Since this forum is not the beta forum, can we assume that posts here refer to CleanUp! 4.0 unless stated otherwise?

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to CleanUp! General Discussion