Major Problems after running Cleanup!4.0 for 1st time(XPPro)

For support & general discussion of Windows CleanUp!

Moderator: rec46

Major Problems after running Cleanup!4.0 for 1st time(XPPro)

Postby jgero001 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:26 am

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide...

I ran Cleanup!4.0 for the first time on my new laptop (XP Pro)--I've been using it for years on my old laptop (Win 2000) without issue. Unfortunately, after running a Standard cleanup, I am not having a lot of the desktop/taskbar issues described in earlier posts on the user group message board and here. I've tried the luna theme restore instructions recommended with no success. Additionally, I've discovered that my problems are greater than just the display issues. I cannot run many programs (Windows media player, Ad-aware, my DVD software) and cannot launch most programs via double-clicking on the desktop. Also, my menus/toolbars in Windows and Internet Explorer are very screwed up, with most icons missing and limited display of text. The menus (File, etc.) do not exist.

I've tried restoring all files I was able to undelete, but that has not resolved my issues. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff
jgero001

90% fixed

Postby jgero001 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:22 pm

I was unaware of the restore utility in XP (I didn't realize that was what was being referred by "system restore" in the earlier post "Display issue..." related to similar issue). That resolved most of my problems, although I now have the white-background icons described in the earlier post. I can live with those.
jgero001

Return to CleanUp! General Discussion