Keeps Pausing

For support & general discussion of Windows CleanUp!

Moderator: rec46

Keeps Pausing

Postby diesel » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:21 pm

I downloaded clean up a while ago and it worked perfectly. I went to use it today and it pauses saying 'deleteing temperary files' but nothing is happening. However when i run the programme through the demo modeit is comming up with loads more things to delete. I have tried everything that i can think of, such as uninstalling and reinstaling the programme. If anyone could help me it would be great. Thank you
diesel

Postby sgould » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:56 am

On some systems CleanUp! will appear to pause - at different places. I've noticed this. I believe what is happening is that CleanUp! usually uses calls to Windows routines to delete files and sometimes these "requests" will be coming so fast, and the files could be scattered over the disk that essentially the disk cannot keep up.

One thing you could try - and it's a good idea once in a while anyway - is after running CleanUp!, run a disk defragmentation utility. Then, in future, perhaps CleanUp! won't pause as much or for as long. It may still pause occasionally since the typical CPU is many thousands of times faster than a typical hard disk.

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

keeps pausing

Postby diesel » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:10 pm

Hey thanks for your reply and your help but what is a diskdefragmentation and how do i do it as i am not very good with a pc. If you could help me again it would be much appreciated
diesel

Return to CleanUp! General Discussion