CleanUp keeps removing my HP scan program

For support & general discussion of Windows CleanUp!

Moderator: rec46

CleanUp keeps removing my HP scan program

Postby IrishAirWolf » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:02 pm

I have an HP 2610 All-in-one. Operating system is Windows XP Pro. Everytime I run CleanUp, then next time I go to use my scanner I get an message that "Windows in configuring scan", then it says it didn't find the program and to load the disc that "scan" is on. I then have to insert the original HP software CD and Windows presumably re-installs the scan function. I also occasionally get the message with other functions. This is pretty inconvenient. Is there a way to get it to stop removing whatever it is removing that forces me to reinstall my scanner everytime I use it?
IrishAirWolf

Postby sgould » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:23 pm

Trying disabling the option to scan drives for temporary files. Also search this forum for a similar problems with HP printers and scanners.
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rizzo » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:08 am

Hi to IrishAir Wolf,
I have had some problems recently (please see my thread, Cleanup V4 Problems) and the final outcome was that I had to uninstall my HP 3210 all in one, repair windows and other drivers, then reinstall the 3210. From reading various forums, including HP's own forum, it appears that HP all in one software gets very intimate with Windows and any issues mean that things just don't work. As always, Caution seems to be the watchword.
rizzo

Return to CleanUp! General Discussion