Startup Monitor warning

For support & general discussion of Windows CleanUp!

Moderator: rec46

Startup Monitor warning

Postby Ferrante » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:41 pm

In the past I have had no problem running Cleanup. However, recently I got a Troj Dropper AJE virus and since then, when I try and run it, it stats and then quits and will not work. Now I am getting a Starup Warning saying that "Wextract_cleanup0 is trying to run at startup". Is this the same program? I have visited all over Steven's site and have not seen Wextract mentioned anywhere. I have the Dropper virus removed, but something is happening to keep this program (and also Windows Update) from running. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark
Ferrante

Postby rec46 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:53 pm

Ferrante,

No, CleanUp has nothing to do with 'Wextract'. There must be something else on your computer causing your problem. Personally, I haven't even heard of Wextract. Perhaps it has something to do with the Trojan you got. I recommend you run a Trojan cleaner and see how that does and maybe a registry repair program would help. I recommend 'Registry Repair Pro'.

Sorry I can not help you with this problem.
Bob
rec46

Postby YourGofYourSavior » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:10 am

Hi I signed up for this forum just to answer yoru question as I thought it was interesting that the moderator didnt know what wextract was.
Wextract Cleanup0 is valid and legal software included or sold to help clean up temporary or cab files created by the installer software for a wide variety of software.
Wextract is a Microsoft file depending on what version of windows you have Im guessing xp its probably in the system or system32 folder cant remember which. In win 2000 its in a dllcache folder.
It basic puropse is to clean up cab files. You know the great WIndows updates. They leave things behind sometimes and wextracts job is to clean them up.
Hope that helps.
so to answer your question NO Wextract is not some virus or trojan thing left over. Its a Windows Microsoft file and you should allow Search and Destroy or adaware to allow it to change the registry because its doing its job of clean up
THanks Mike :)
YourGofYourSavior

Postby rec46 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:16 am

YourGofYourSavior,

Thank you for the information. As you well know, no one knows all there is to know about a computer or it's operations but I am always willing to learn. Thanks for the lesson.

Bob
rec46

Try a registry repair software

Postby registryrepair » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:26 am

Try a registry repair software. A registry cleaner program have great ability to sort out computer problem. Please feel free to visit http://www.fixyourregistrynow.com/registrycleaner.html get a best registry cleaner software here.
registryrepair

Return to CleanUp! General Discussion