I was going to post this as a reply to TOPIC: Outlook Express emails deleted., but figured more would see it if in it's own posting.
I found that when I use the "start, run," command which points to c:\program files\OutlookExpress\msimn.exe (which 98 times out of 100 I do), I found that this is just a link. When I run OE this way, the email bodies are missing and can't be read. However, when I open IE6 and click "tools, mail and news, read mail"), OE6 opens from IE and all my email bodies are back where they belong. A workaround that I did was when I use the "start/run" method, I simply typed in "msimn" and OE6 opened normally with all the emails intact and readable bodies. Maybe Cleanup did something with the links when I ran it....I don't know. All I know is OE6 is now working properly.
Hope this helps those with the same problem I had.