Outlook Express Email Deleted

For support & general discussion of Windows CleanUp!

Moderator: rec46

Outlook Express Email Deleted

Postby petermj » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:27 pm

After running CleanUp! I noticed that ONE of the subfolders in my Outlook Express 6.0 Inbox had been deleted. Actually, the subfolder is still there but the messages are gone. When I ran CleanUp! I noticed that in it's list of deleted files there was a mailbox.dbx file that had been deleted. Why would it delete a dbx file? And how can I get it to stop doing that?!

Thank you!
petermj

Postby sgould » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:53 pm

This sounds like one of the "Known Bugs" with CleanUp! 4.0 listed on the CleanUp! download page.

In Outlook Express (and possibly Outlook too), any folders containing a "." in the name get deleted when the "Delete Newsgroup Cache" option is enabled.

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Freddy » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:45 am

I also had a problem with my OE-Mails, but it's different from the problem posted here. My Mail-Folder is still there and the dbx-Files are all at the size they should have (~300MB). In my OE the mails are screened and also the information that there's an attachment, but I can't read any of them, they are kind of "invisible". Also, every new mail that is incoming get's "invisible" and seems to be an empty mail.....how can I stop this and make my mails readable again?
Freddy

Postby sgould » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:39 pm

Sorry, but that doesn't sound like a problem related to CleanUp! It sounds like something more to do with Outlook Express and other software you have installed.

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Freddy » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:44 am

The problem just went up after using cleanup....minutes before I used it it worked fine, but after using it stopped working....
Freddy

Body of emails lost in OE6

Postby Trayser » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:19 pm

I too have the same problem which occurred just after I used CleanUp. All the folders and the subjects of the emails are there but the body of the email is empty. Am still trying to figure out how to get the emails back cuz there were some important data that might be lost. There has to be some file that CleanUP deleted and I just don't know which one it is. This is not an OE6 problem. Maybe the makers of this program can test this out with OE6. I didn't make any changes to the program (Cleanup)....just ran it as is expecting to show what it will change and then ask for OK to do it. But it just did its thing without any verification from the user.

Just goes to show ya...........backup ....backup ........backup!!!!!
Trayser

Postby rec46 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:53 pm

For the sake of sounding like a broken record, all I can say is if people would do as it is said on the download page to backup your computer before running cleanup, these problems would be able to be fixed very easily.

Sorry,
Bob
rec46

Re: Outlook Express Email Deleted

Postby zlatan24 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:37 pm

petermj wrote:After running CleanUp! I noticed that ONE of the subfolders in my Outlook Express 6.0 Inbox had been deleted. Actually, the subfolder is still there but the messages are gone. When I ran CleanUp! I noticed that in it's list of deleted files there was a mailbox.dbx file that had been deleted. Why would it delete a dbx file? And how can I get it to stop doing that?!

Thank you!

To my mind Outlook Express is one of most complicated tools, because of I often have any other problems with it. Fortunately some time ago I successfully found out a probable solution. This tool is able to solve other types of problems related to ms outlook express - outlook express dbx corrupted.
zlatan24

Return to CleanUp! General Discussion