Clean Up and Microsoft Office XP

For support & general discussion of Windows CleanUp!

Moderator: rec46

Clean Up and Microsoft Office XP

Postby vigron » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:14 pm

Hello. Everytime I use Clean up it removes some of the files in Office Xp and I have to reinstall it after every use.
vigron

I lost my Microsoft programs too, and i want to kill myself!

Postby kaklei » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:42 am

:( I run the clean up for the first time last night, i was so happy when i saw my discs space...but today, i almost kill myself, i lost my Microsoft Word, etc...i can't open any word document and i need urgent help, please...someone please tell me what to do...i can't reinstall them, i tried but all my Microsoft office programs were installed by my Technique when he switch it to XP a long time ago, how can i restore my Word program please?????
Hugs and thanks from Uruguay-South America, Kaklei.
kaklei

Re: Clean Up and Microsoft Office XP

Postby sgould » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:01 am

vigron wrote:Hello. Everytime I use Clean up it removes some of the files in Office Xp and I have to reinstall it after every use.

This is a known issue with CleanUp! and has been discussed elsewhere in these forums. There are a couple of possible solutions: either disable "scan drives for temporary files" option, or modify your options to remove "*.bak" from your list of temporary file specifications. For details, search the forums.

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Clean Up and Microsoft Office XP

Postby keveenl » Fri May 20, 2011 6:32 am

Well unfortunately I tried the above process and the problem persists Sad

I'm actually installing Arch on another system so I'm going to test on that shortly. :roll:
keveenl

Return to CleanUp! General Discussion