ver 4.0 may delete Kodak Pictures from "My Pictures&quo

For support & general discussion of Windows CleanUp!

Moderator: rec46

ver 4.0 may delete Kodak Pictures from "My Pictures&quo

Postby ScottC » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:27 pm

I have used CleanUp! 3 in the past and now demonstrate 4.0 on countless computers for my customers (mostly XP). So far, I've only encountered 4 "bugs". Three of these have been avoided almost entirely by limiting the Options > Temporary Files to ONLY *.tmp and index.dat.
The first three are:
1 - lost Luna theme (Classic theme only) (limiting Options > Temp Files doesn't always prevent this - it's not consistent)
2 - lost ebd.chk (can't run anything)
3 - lost ?.bak (Office XP)
The fourth has had me doing data recovery for free and I'm not sure how this is happening. It's happened three times so far to systems running Kodak EasyShare.
After running CleanUp! 4.0 on 2 XP and 1 ME systems with the above limitation for Temporary Files and all other settings default, "My Documents\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures\*.*" will be deleted. All the pictures and folders are gone in Windows Explorer and running the EasyShare program shows the corresponding deletions (no albums).
I suppose this could be due to the folder's naming convention - it uses a date for the directory name. I haven't had another system with EasyShare to find out anything more. I wish I could provide more information about how EasyShare stores these "albums" which are virtual collections of mixed files and folders.
You'd think after seeing this twice and taking the systems back to the shop to do data recovery I would have caught on, but I learned the hard way.
Any ideas?
ScottC

Postby sgould » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:27 am

Have you by any chance changed the location of My Downloads to point to your "My Documents\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures\" folder? If so, that could explain what you're seeing.

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to CleanUp! General Discussion