CleanUp4 stopped working

For support & general discussion of Windows CleanUp!

Moderator: rec46

CleanUp4 stopped working

Postby Ajax » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:26 pm

Hi, I'm new here. CleanUp4 WAS working great on my computer (XP Pro) until a few days ago. Now everytime I try to use it an error message comes up and it says it has to close. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it still won't work. Can anyone help with this?
Ajax

Postby Ajax » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:45 pm

Is there a way to post the error message, and if so how? :?:
Ajax

Postby Ajax » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:45 am

Hello, has anyone encountered this problem? I don't understand why CleanUp would work fine for several months and then suddenly it doesn't work anymore. :cry:
Ajax

I am having the same problem!!!

Postby Berta » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:10 am

I have used clean-up fo several years and have had no problems until recently. When I run it.... all starts off well......it goes to bringing up files, the flushing and then an error message that clean up has encountered a problem and has to close. The error also wants me to send it to Microsoft. I had Clean-up 3.0 and then upgraded to 4.0. encountered same problem on both although I had used 3.0 for sometime with no problems until recently. I have XP on my computer. Can anyone help??? I will greatly appreciate it!!
Berta

Postby sgould » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:15 am

If either of you could post the text of the error message it would be a help.
If CleanUp! has been running fine for months, then suddendly starts producing errors, then it is likely something to do with a recent change to your configuration. Have you done a Windows update recently, or do you have Windows set to update your machine automatically? These could all be factors.

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Berta » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:34 am

I have automatic update. The error message is a box and says: Removes temporary files. Frees disk space and helps pro has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience. If you were in the middle of something, the imformation you were working on may be lost. Please tell Microsoft about the problem. We have created an error repot that you can send to us. We will treat this reprt as confidential and anonymous. Thank you for your help!
Berta

Postby sgould » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:52 pm

OK. I'm vaguely familiar with that type of Windows dialog. I'm a little surprised that Windows used the program description (Removes temporary files. Frees disk space and helps pro...) and not the name (cleanup.exe) in the error message. I cannot remember what the buttons are on that dialog, but isn't there some way to get more details? Could you provide that information?

I think you may have to say send the message to Microsoft, get another dialog then click something on there to reveal what is to be sent. You can cancel after that (i.e. before sending to Microsoft) if you like.

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Microsoft Error Message

Postby Berta » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:12 pm

Is there someway that I can take a screeshot of the error message being ask to be sent to Microsoft as there is additional imformation that I can send to you. Also, on this error that I described in my earlier post there is the cleanup logo in the corner.
Berta

Postby sgould » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:11 am

* To take a screenshot of the current dialog/window hold down the Alt key and press the "Print Scrn" key (usually somewhere near the top right of your keyboard).

* To take a screenshot of the entire desktop, press "Print Scrn".

Both of these techniques copy a screenshot to the clipboard. You can then paste it into Paint (or similar) and save it as a GIF or PNG file.

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Microsoft Error

Postby Berta » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:49 am

I have a screenshot of this error. Will you please tell me where to send it so you can take a look at it .....and perhaps diagnose the problem. Big THANKS!
Berta

Return to CleanUp! General Discussion