Sponsored feature: preserve cookies and history

For support & general discussion of Windows CleanUp!

Moderator: rec46

Sponsored feature: preserve cookies and history

Postby ybouan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:43 pm

I really like Cleanup! but unfortunately some of my users wont let me run it because it cleans out the history and cookies on their machines.

Since Cleanup! removes so much more I would still very much like to run it.
As it stands I have to run CCleaner which gives allows me to keep cookies and history.

I know you are thinking about a "Pro" Version and I love the logging you have added to 4.5 that was the other feature I needed.

I am willing to help you make this pro version by sponsoring the addition of a command line switch to preserve cookies and history. Please tell me what it would take.
ybouan

Re: Sponsored feature: preserve cookies and history

Postby sgould » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:34 pm

ybouan wrote:I really like Cleanup! but unfortunately some of my users wont let me run it because it cleans out the history and cookies on their machines.

CleanUp! already allows you the option to delete or preserve all - or just some - cookies. See the Help file for details.

So, the only thing you're needing is the ability to optionally preserve the history. Right?

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

my bad

Postby ybouan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:29 pm

Sorry I meant History and Form (passwords etc...)
Basically anything that the user could notice.

The only thing I want the user to notice is that the machine runs faster :-)
He should not have to re-enter passwords, bookmarks, address bar history etc...

And I have not had time to check 4.5 yet but if the silent cleanup could pump out a log... Since you are doing this for the demo it should not be too hard (if it is not already possible.)
ybouan

Re: my bad

Postby sgould » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:43 pm

ybouan wrote:Sorry I meant History and Form (passwords etc...) Basically anything that the user could notice.

The only thing I want the user to notice is that the machine runs faster :-)
He should not have to re-enter passwords, bookmarks, address bar history etc...

OK. That makes more sense.

ybouan wrote:And I have not had time to check 4.5 yet but if the silent cleanup could pump out a log... Since you are doing this for the demo it should not be too hard (if it is not already possible.)

The log gets enabled/disabled through the Options dialog. Once this option is enabled it stays enabled - with the log being overwritten each time so as not to get too large. The log will - at least should - be produced even when running in the background. :-D

Just out of interest, how many users do you manage/administer computers for? Is this for some sort of class, etc.?

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to CleanUp! General Discussion