Windows Scheduler Command Line Parameter

For support & general discussion of Windows CleanUp!

Moderator: rec46

Windows Scheduler Command Line Parameter

Postby ghingy » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:44 pm

Is there a set of command line parameters I can use with Cleanup so I can set Windows Scheduler to run Cleanup at a specific time?

Thanks for any advice! :lol:
ghingy

Postby tctutor » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:32 pm

I joined the forum to specifically ask that question, you beat me to the punch...:-(

Anyone know those commands and how to set that up? That would be great!
tctutor

Postby tctutor » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:28 pm

Well, i was messing around with cleanup, and found out that there is a "-AutoRun" switch for cleanup. i added clean up to the scheduled task list, and set it to run, when you go into the advanced options of the task, when it shows where clean up is,

"C:\Program Files\CleanUp!\Cleanup.exe"

make it look like this

"C:\Program Files\CleanUp!\Cleanup.exe -AutoRun"

This will then make clean up run in the background.

My only problem now is, how do i find out how much it removed, or if it even ran, for all I know, it is silently opening the cleanup window. Is there a log file of some kind that it generates when you us the -AutoRun switch? :?:
tctutor

Postby sgould » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm

tctutor wrote:Well, i was messing around with cleanup, and found out that there is a "-AutoRun" switch for cleanup.

Great. This is documented in the Help file - just search for "command line options". :)

tctutor wrote:My only problem now is, how do i find out how much it removed, or if it even ran, for all I know, it is silently opening the cleanup window. Is there a log file of some kind that it generates when you us the -AutoRun switch? :?:

That depends on what version of CleanUp! you are referring to. One of the new features in CleanUp! 4.5 is the ability to have it write a log file - independent of how it is invoked. However, CleanUp! 4.5 is still in beta test. See the announcement in the CleanUp! 4.5 beta forum for details.

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to CleanUp! General Discussion