unsure

Discussion relevant to the site in general and not specific to CleanUp!, Private Eye or Index Dat Spy

Moderator: rec46

unsure

Postby jamesoleary » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:32 am

i am not sure whether this problem relates to recently installed security. if this enquiry should be under 'clean up' or 'dataspy' i apologise.
i am wondering if the installation of data spy or clean is preventing me from making purchases on certain web pages.
i have tried to purcahse flights at ba.com and get through to the last page of the booking form and it won't accept payment. i know there are no problems with the airline website so i am wonderning if i have installed a program that is stopping payment.
i would really appreciate any ideas/suggestions.
again, i apologise if this is not the sort of enquiry that should be posted here.
thanks
jamesoleary

Postby sgould » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:41 am

If you are referring specifically to Index Dat Spy or CleanUp! - both available from this web site - then your answer is no. Neither of these programs should negatively impact your ability to make any payments on a web site.

If you are referring to programs other than Index Dat Spy or CleanUp! and that were downloaded from elsewhere, then it is possible. Have you recently updated your computer and/or browser? That is more likely the problem.

I would suggest:

1. Trying a different browser if you already have an alternate one installed.
2. Scanning your computer for viruses. Remove any that are found.
3. Scanning your computer for spyware, malware, etc. Remove any that are found.
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion